Sunday, November 15, 2009
Young Goodman Brown
I guess by the end of this story I felt a little confused because I have no clue what Brown set off to do and that he leaves his wife without being completely honest with her. I would have stressed to him that I wanted to come and that danger could be in his future. The devil in disguise with the black snake should have been a warning to go home and that way he would have never learned that his father and grandfather had experience with the devil as well. I like the twist at the end of him thinking he was dreaming about his journey. I feel as if at church in the dream he was ashamed of what he had done the night before and that is the reason we feel he may have had to go kill someone. It was a sad story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment